In 2018, SCORR Marketing and Antidote Technologies conducted a survey to better understand patient perspectives within the clinical research process. This year, we conducted a follow-up survey to investigate what has changed.
This 2023 updated report not only presents general findings of the survey along with some analyses comparing results to the 2018 report, but also insight into how patient perspectives could be incorporated more into the clinical research process. This includes detailed findings on:
- How familiar patients are with clinical trials and what they don’t understand
- Preferences for how they would like to receive more information about clinical trials
- If and how often their doctor has shared clinical trial information
- What types of messaging make them feel more invested
- Incentives that motivate participation
- Which additional factors affect their decision to participate