Advarra is the world’s leading integrated research compliance review and consulting provider. Their integrated solutions help safeguard trial participants, empower clinical sites, ensure compliance, and optimize research performance for over 3,500 sponsors, CROs, institutions, academic medical centers, and research consortia.
Before becoming Advarra, SCORR client Chesapeake IRB was an established company aiding pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies as well as academic medical centers and hospital systems. In 2017, they were considering a potential merger with another leading research compliance provider: Schulman IRB. The companies were two of the most well-respected in the industry.
As the date of the acquisition drew nearer, Chesapeake IRB and Schulman IRB approached SCORR to evaluate, recommend, and develop a naming strategy for the combined company; plan and execute a comprehensive merger announcement; build and launch visuals and core messaging to articulate the new company’s value proposition; craft a comprehensive marketing plan and website for the combined organization; and create sales collateral for use by the merged teams.
- Experienced growth of 55.5% in 3 years
- Managed merger communications for Chesapeake/Shulman integration and subsequent Quorum integration
- Successfully merged multiple major IRB players into one recognizable identity and brand with an integrated launch to gain maximum industry exposure.
- 1,600+ conversions within 8 months of brand and website launch, which led to closed new business
AMRI is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that provides discovery, development, and manufacturing services to clients in the pharma and biotech industries. After acquiring seven global entities within three years, AMRI needed to bring these businesses together through a solidified strategy and cohesive brand and message. Relying on SCORR Marketing for our established expertise in industry mergers, acquisitions, and integrations, AMRI engaged our strategic guidance and creative execution in creating a new unified brand.
Prior to partnering with SCORR, AMRI’s legacy businesses had functioned as separate brands with their own missions, messaging, and marketing collateral. These businesses did not position AMRI’s full suite of offerings consistently. Furthermore, brand confusion made it difficult to garner company buy-in. AMRI needed a brand identity that differentiated it from its competition while assuring employees and current and potential clients of the company’s continuity and stability.
- Forged 7 global entities across North America and Europe into one cohesive brand
- Maximized brand exposure with creative launch campaign
- Accelerated lead generation
- Assured stakeholders of business reliability and continuity
- 16 marketing awards won
Avania is an integrated global, full-service CRO with specialized expertise in medical device, novel technology, and combination products. The company advances products from feasibility through post-approval, providing expertise for analytics, clinical trials, consulting, regulatory, reimbursement, and more.
Integrated five entities, including Factory CRO (Netherlands), BBA (Boston), Five Corners (Australia), MileStone Research Organization (San Diego), IMARC (Ohio) were combining operations into a single company. The new identity and brand would need to support the merged organization’s combination of regional expertise, global capabilities, and services from feasibility through postmarketing.
- Integrated 5 companies under one unified brand
- Launched new name and brand within 3 months
- Significantly surpassed year 1 sales forecast
- 70% of leads gathered are marketing influenced leads
Camargo is a leading clinical research and development company with experience in accelerated approval pathways, rare and specialty patient populations, and innovative science including orphan drugs, the 505(b)(2) pathway, oncology, neurology, pediatrics, combination products, and digital therapeutics.
Camargo initially partnered with SCORR Marketing in 2007 to concentrate on traditional brand promotion to make the company the industry’s 505(b)(2) partner of choice. Camargo’s secondary goal was less conventional: since the 505(b)(2) approval pathway was relatively new, the industry lacked awareness, let alone an understanding of the challenges and benefits of 505(b)(2) to appreciate the value Camargo offered. Therefore, SCORR needed to build a brand that would also function to educate the industry on 505(b)(2) and its advantages.
- Nearly tripled yearly revenue during partnership
- 200+ FDA, NDA, and ANDA approvals
- 3 to 6 pre-IND meetings per month
- Grew from a 3-person startup to 60+ team members
- 17 marketing awards won
- Acquired by Premier Research
Chiltern is the largest midsized provider of comprehensive, flexible, and responsive clinical development services.
Just days before Chiltern planned to announce that it had signed a purchase agreement to acquire Theorem, the top leaders at the company approached SCORR seeking help for a smooth transition through internal and external communications.
- Delivered strategic acquisition communications to sponsors, internal leadership teams, vendors, current and potential clients, and more than 3,700 employees
- Transformed from a regionally based player into global specialized CRO
- More than $1B in backlog
- More than $0.5B revenue
- $100m EBITDA
- 17 marketing awards won
- Acquired by LabCorp
Global clinical technology company Clinical Ink offers a suite of solutions for capturing and integrating electronic data from sites, clinicians, and patients at its source through their Lunexis™ eSource platform and configurable DDC, eCOA, ePRO, and eConsent modules. SCORR Marketing is Clinical Ink’s agency of record, supporting them as a full-service marketing provider.
Clinical Ink had experienced a failed rebrand with another agency, so it was critical that their SCORR rebrand was successful. They wanted to base their brand on market intelligence and customer insight, and selected SCORR because of our proven process. Clinical Ink is the pioneer in eSource, but newer, smaller competitors had stronger marketing.
- Revenue attributed to marketing 16x from 2019 to 2020
- Since brand launch in 2019 – 1,700+ marketing qualified leads
- 1.5x sales qualified leads generated vs. goal
- Sales opportunities generated and deals closed exceeded goals in 2020
Elligo Health Research® is a healthcare-enabling research organization accelerating the development of new pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and diagnostic products using their novel clinical technology and their Goes Direct® approach. Brought on during the company’s startup phase, SCORR Marketing is Elligo’s agency of record and full-service marketing partner.
Create a brand for a startup organization, position their unique offerings to differentiate them from patient recruitment or site management organizations, and support substantial/fast growth.
- 2020-2021 tripled revenue with modest increases in marketing
- Landed large partners with Cerner and Harris
- Record new sales
- 10x more practice partners in network
- Over 65,000 patients encountered
- 22 marketing awards won
Frenova is the only Phase I-IV clinical research company dedicated to renal studies. Operating as their full-service marketing partner since 2013, SCORR has helped them gain name recognition and increase their thought leadership presence, including developing an invitation-only, exclusive alliance of research sites to simplify and accelerate clinical trial startup for renal research (F1RST Up®).
Fresenius Medical Care North America was looking to commercialize its Clinical Studies Group. Through a rigorous RFP process they knew SCORR was the best partner to brand, launch, and support the company’s marketing efforts. Through our SCORR Core approach, SCORR recommended a name change since Fresenius Medical Care North America Clinical Studies Group was a mouth-full, and worked to position it as the only Phase I-IV clinical research company dedicated to renal studies.
- Financial performance transformed from loss-making to > 40% operating margin
- Expanded footprint from 13 to 18 locations
- Increased staff by 170%
- Partner research site network increased by 150%
- More than doubled partner physician investigator network
- 4x backlog growth
- 5x increase in number of active studies
- 8x increase in sales pipeline value
- More than 2x increase in number of accounts
- 3x increase in number of opportunities
SAMDI Tech leads the industry in label-free, high-throughput assays for drug discovery. They came on as a SCORR Circle client in 2017 to develop a marketing strategy positioning them as an industry leader, and in 2021, SCORR helped SAMDI Tech evolve its brand to support a lineup of solutions that now extend well beyond label-free assays.
As a niche drug discovery company, the challenge was to differentiate them from competitors with broader service sets and highlight the best-in-class specialty work that SAMDI Tech does for their clients.
- Supported growth that expanded the company’s service offerings and revenue streams
- Revenue generated was 50x what was spent on paid search advertising from 2018 to 2020
Theorem Clinical Research Inc. is a global CRO provider of comprehensive clinical services.
Created as the result of restructuring after the acquisition of a combined CRO, Theorem needed branding and a marketing plan that highlighted its strong and successful history as a CRO provider, now under a new name. Theorem reached out to SCORR to articulate the brand’s potential in a meaningful way. It needed to define its space in the market as a viable alternative to large CROs.
- 200% increase in revenue
- 200% EBITDA growth
- 300% backlog growth
- 200% employee count growth
- 29 marketing awards won
- Chiltern acquired Theorem
WellSpring Pharmaceutical Services started as a CMO, only manufacturing their own pharmaceutical product lines, then became a CDMO, selling to the industry and building out additional development capabilities.
WellSpring was unknown in the industry as a CDMO. The company needed strategic naming, branding, and marketing support to achieve the desired level of industry awareness and become a best-in-class CDMO with an expanded client and prescription product base within five years.
- Successful transformation from an integrated pharmaceutical company to a pure-play CDMO
- 3x revenue growth in 5 years
- 23 new accounts, servicing 32 products
- Top 5 of Outsourced Pharma’s top pharma blogs
- SMEs named on SocialEar’s list of top industry influencers
- Acquired by ANI Global Source