Mergers and acquisitions (M&As) are an unyielding reality of the life sciences industry, offering new challenges and opportunities each year to those companies in transition.
This primer examines industry trends to understand the recent wave of M&A transactions and outlines the characteristics that distinguish productive integrations from more disruptive unions.
This primer will also ask critical questions of those preparing for M&A success:
- Will the recent wave of M&A transactions continue?
- What are “best practices” when preparing for integration?
- What are the primary characteristics of a successful integration?
- How can a company support its brand messaging during this time?
- How can public relations get involved in the early stages of the process?