Enjoy the challenge of articulating a company’s brand message in written form? Do you believe in content marketing as a key strategy to achieve that? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
SCORR Marketing is seeking a full-time Director of Content & Thought Leadership to lead integrated communications and content efforts directed at helping our clients achieve their strategic goals. You’ll be working with multiple clients to develop content plans, and then in conjunction with other SCORR team members, to implement and execute those plans. With an understanding of what clients want to focus on and then develop unique storylines from SMEs, you’ll be tasked to develop topics and then craft those topics into engaging stories that their audiences find valuable. You don’t need to be a science nerd, but a good understanding of this space will be beneficial. The right candidate can be based in our Kearney or Omaha, NE, offices, or may work remotely from home.
- Develop and execute content marketing strategies and delivery plans for our clients.
- Drive a content and thought leadership discipline through the SCORR organization, developing or refining the approach and process through the organization and teams, including ensuring profitability.
- Along with the SCORR public relations team, responsible for identifying, developing, and executing thought leadership opportunities.
- Foster relationships with editors, advocacy groups, and associations within the industry.
- Guide or execute PR pitching/events to publications to gain thought leadership and raise visibility for SMEs.
- Collaborate with various SCORR service lines (market intelligence, social media, digital, copy, creative, marketing automation, PR, media, web, etc.) to develop content and delivery plans, as well as support development of the PR plan and integration with other tactical plans.
- Research subjects and trending stories to generate ideas, and use data to inform content recommendations.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of copywriting and content projects, both for SCORR and for our clients.
- Conceive, write, and edit marketing materials.
- Manage content in collaboration with internal teams and departments.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our clients, including their product/service features and benefits.
- Collaborate with account and creative teams to develop concepts and copy for clients in support of their goals.
- Have a firm grasp on delivering effective content for target audiences
- Pick up on technical and scientific terms quickly; research and learn new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of clients’ business
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications/PR, English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum five years of marketing, PR, copywriting, and content-related experience
- Minimum of two to three years of supervisory experience
- B2B marketing experience, especially within the drug development/life sciences industry
- Ability to create and support a team-based environment
- Experience in developing and mentoring a team of professionals
- Marketing agency experience
- Familiarity with AP style