Drug development industry professionals were surveyed to assess the effect that recent European Union directives have had and will have on the placement of clinical trials globally. This report provides insight into current trends and industry expectations on the future of clinical research in Europe. Read the Applied Clinical Trials article based on the results of the survey.
IN THIS SURVEY, INFORMATION WAS GATHERED ON:
- How EU directives are affecting global clinical trial costs and locations
- Factors that influence where trials take place, including approval times and regulatory issues
- Why the directive has made Europe a less appealing place to conduct clinical trials
- Countries that are attractive to companies looking for more efficient conduct
- Trends on the stagnation of clinical trial applications in parts of Europe