CRM & Automation Integration for Sales
- Target Audiences: Biopharmaceutical companies
- Products/Services: eSource Ecosystem with modules for direct data capture (DDC), eCOA, ePRO, and eConsent
- Specialty: Enabling on-site or at-home data capture that
facilitates RBM and virtual trials; therapeutically aligned technology for lupus, oncology, CNS, GI, and dermatology
- Headquarters: Horsham, PA
- Size: 125+ employees
- Clinical Ink, a global clinical technology company, offers a suite of solutions for capturing and integrating electronic data from sites, clinicians, and patients at its source.
- Clinical Ink’s BD and marketing teams were operating in siloes, which held back the sales pipeline from being as effective as it could be. Marketing used HubSpot while BD used Salesforce. While both of these systems were functioning on their own, they were not integrated. Marketing gathered the top of the funnel leads and passed them off to BD, but lead nurturing was missing. Clinical Ink looked to SCORR for a solution to synchronize the teams and the technology for pipeline effectiveness.
“The development and implementation of buyer personas, lead scoring, and BD/marketing processes has enabled the commercial team to make deliberate decisions about how to spend their time to maximize output for the business. By focusing on the right leads, rather than all the leads, we’ve seen our lead to close percentage increase from 6% to 11.4% year over year.”
- First, SCORR integrated HubSpot and Salesforce, refined lead qualification and handoff protocol, and channeled BD and marketing team efforts through complementary processes that worked in tandem to meet organizational goals.
- Next, SCORR began strategy implementation. Lead scoring was top priority as it assisted the sales team in outreach prioritization and helped marketing further nurture most-needed leads. Lead scoring was based on Clinical Ink’s commercial goals so BD and marketing could work in unison. SCORR analyzed content available, website touch points, and demographic and behavioral trends to create a strategy that identified potential leads that may have fallen through the cracks. This helped BD make data-driven decisions to generate more meetings while keeping the sales funnel manageable.
- Clinical Ink had three distinct audiences with different needs and messaging but lacked defined buyer personas. This meant that each team member that touched a lead would need to research who that lead was and determine the best message to send them — which wasted time. SCORR defined buyer personas, ensuring marketing automated outreach accounts for the role/job function of the prospect and tailored messaging accordingly. Buyer personas also allowed inside sales to quickly determine the appropriate messaging that would resonate. Because the audiences were segmented, Clinical Ink could track distinct customer behavior and customize communication based on those preferences.
“Prior to lead scoring, there was no way to narrow targets and prioritize calling individuals. Because lead scoring was implemented, I now have a clear playbook. I was able to qualify an SQL last week by calling a potential lead that the lead score identified as a strong opportunity.”
Clinical Ink wanted to be able to periodically bring leads that had fallen off from outreach back into the fold. SCORR streamlined their marketing automation and other HubSpot Marketing Hub features, ensuring their pipeline was fully built out, more effective outreach targeting, and that Clinical Ink could focus on the right leads and nurture others.
- Over the first six-month period working with SCORR, Clinical Ink gained 509 marketing qualified leads, with 55 sales qualified leads from marketing
- Leads are also now more qualified when they get passed over to BD as they provide more information about the contact
- Marketing leads have brought in 11x more revenue to the business YTD 2020 than in all of 2019
- With a refined funnel, marketing and inside sales are now able to contribute to forecasting both closed sales and the robustness of the pipeline
The process of assigning points to each lead generated that is based on multiple attributes, including the content they’ve downloaded, the information they’ve provided, and how they’ve engaged with your website
A semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers
Overlaps with lead nurturing; the platform with associated tools and analytics to develop a lead nurturing strategy
Developing a series of communications (email, social media, etc.) that have the intention of qualifying a lead and keeping them engaged through the sales funnel
Building marketing lists using demographic, geographical, and behavioral information for each campaign to specifically tailor to the desired audience that lives within the full database