Are you a scientific writer with a knack for creating strategically positioned content for B2B life science audiences? We need a scientific writer who will create technically sound, clinically relevant materials for life science professionals utilizing different communications channels. The ability to fundamentally understand and effectively communicate medical and scientific ideas while working in a fast-paced environment is a must. You’ll need strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with clients and SCORR team members. If you can combine all those skills with high energy, strong organizational skills, a detail-oriented approach, and a passion for science, SCORR may be the fit for you.
- Develop a complete understanding of the clients that you write for and know their capabilities and service offerings
- For B2B clients in the life sciences space, write:
- Long-form content pieces such as white papers, case studies, and articles
- Collateral and copy for paid, earned, shared, and owned content channels — including but not limited to email marketing, social media, blog posts, landing pages, etc.
- Concepts and copy for branding, messaging, headlines, etc.
- Perform research on topics for writing assignments
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) for written pieces
- Translate scientific data and content from publications, recorded interviews, webinars or other materials into new informational content or updated marketing materials that clearly convey our clients’ unique value proposition, key differentiators, significant strategic themes, and relevant data
- Work collaboratively with the client services and design teams to determine most effective copy to meet client strategic goals and objectives
- Manage project deadlines and budgets by working with resourcing, copy, and client services teams
- Work as a team with other copywriters, staying nimble to adjust for shifting workloads
- Remain current on AP Style, grammatical trends and client styles
- Take ownership of your work, proofread copy and check for accuracy
- Perform other duties as assigned to support project work
Skills and qualifications
- Passion for learning about innovations in science and technology is essential
- Fast learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly proficient in English with excellent grammatical and editorial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management skills needed to work in a fast-paced environment
Education and training requirements
- Five or more years’ experience in scientific/medical writing for marketing.
- Must have experience in scientific/medical or pharmaceutical: research, education or writing, writing.
- Advanced degree (MS, MSW, MPH, PhD. MD) in science or clinical degree (RN, RPh, PharmD) is preferred.
- Experience as a scientific writer in a marketing or communications agency is a plus.